DC Power Workshop, June 1-2, 2006, Washington, DC
Download the Brochure
Can greater reliance on direct current systems improve the
effi ciency and reliability of building-scale systems and microgrids?
What is the value proposition of DC power systems
for the electric power industry, for applications such as data
centers and other critical loads?
The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) is hosting the
DC Power Production, Delivery and Use Workshop to bring
together industry experts and researchers to explore these
Discussion and presentation will focus on a wide range of
topics related to DC power technical and business case issues,
• DC-powered data centers and other critical loads;
what is the potential for lower costs and enhanced efficiency and reliability?
• Emergency preparedness
• Potential role of DC power in grid reliability and peak
• Availability and compatibility of DC-powered appliances,
power electronics, and variable-speed frequency (VFD)
• Product development opportunities and barriers, including
changes to central power architecture in electronics,
creation of equipment with DC ports, and
• DC power supplies
• Photovoltaic-DC system demonstrations
• Design and interconnection issues for low-voltage DC
micro-grids with distributed generation
• Plug-in hybrid vehicles and advanced mobile DC-powered
• The practicality of a hybrid AC/DC building
• Safety and standards issues
Download the brochure for a detailed agends.